We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele. You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
- Primary Focus: Develop new business by selling SOFTACT portfolio of products and solutions to assigned and targeted customers within a defined territory by having products specified and designed into specific customer programs. Follow through on design work with OEMs and contractors to ensure production orders are received.
- Secondary Focus: Maintain and cultivate base of business with existing customers while maintaining good customer relations.
- Formulate and implement business/sales plan for territory. Execute the developed plans including maximizing distribution and manufacturers’ representative’s efforts within territory to achieve/exceed sales goals.
- Utilize and maintain sales tools including quote log, pipeline tracking, incoming lead tracker and design registration log. Ensure appropriate sales activity is entered and maintained within the tools provided. Be able to produce reports and dashboards for your territory to management as required.
- Work closely with all functional areas to facilitate sales growth.
- Consider and recommend sales and marketing opportunities to management.
- Develop and recommend customer pricing strategy based on market pricing and cost to maximize margins.
- Maintain regular communication with key customers, distributors and manufacturers representatives that drive strong relationships.
- Based on customer feedback and market knowledge evaluate and recommend new product additions.
- Be able to support customers on custom requirements through qualification of the opportunity, fully understanding their needs, working with engineering to offer solutions and ensuring supply chain deliver
- Represent company at trade shows and perform product/sales training as needed.
- Work with Independent sales representatives with respect to assigned products to ensure that they achieve territory sales objectives. Recommend changes in sales representatives as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Education: University Degree or equivalent.
- Experience: 5 years’ experience in sales and marketing.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Negotiation skills.
- Strong Relationship building skills.
- Excellent Planning, Organizational and Project Management skills.
- Pleasant and courteous telephone manner.
- Technical Aptitude.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
Job Type: Full-time
- Public Sector: 3 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Business Development: 5-7 years (Preferred)
- Marketing: 4 years (Preferred)
- Colorado, Tampa, Fayetteville, Augusta, Washington D.C.
- English (Preferred)
- Will vary, but 25%-75%