Website SOFtact Solutions
CYBER Security and IT Training Services
DESCRIPTION: SOFtact Solutions(STS) is seeking an Infrastructure Specialist to join our dynamic and ever-growing ServiceNow platform. The ServiceNow Infrastructure Specialists will manage all aspects of on-premise ServiceNow instances, including instance upgrades and patching, performance optimization, and issue resolution. This position provides leadership for our world class production operations, managing all aspects of the operations, which includes monitoring, resolution, administration, and engineering of a large-scale production environment. We are looking for leadership within a team that demonstrates business and technical knowledge, mentoring, and training for Linux systems and application administration, ensuring the health, uptime, and performance of on-premise ServiceNow instances and Linux (RedHat/CentOS) hosts requiring 24 x 7 uptime.
Our ServiceNow Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for improving and maintaining production infrastructure, ensuring that it’s always on and always fast. Focus on continuously improving the speed and efficiency of the environment and systems required to support it. Candidates will work closely with our engineers to design and implement systems to support our suite of applications. This individual must be comfortable in a team environment and be willing to manage multiple tasks. The candidate shall be a self-starter with the ability to complete tasks without continued oversight.
POSITION LOCATION: Fayetteville, NC
- Collaborate with DevOps team to roll out and automate configuration and release of builds to Production.
- Research, selection, planning, and implementation of new technologies to support scaling of applications to meet customer and business needs.
- Develop tools and scripts to assist with routine maintenance tasks.
- Manage Linux and related open source systems, including, but not limited to, Apache, Bind, Postfix, Memcache, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL.
- Plan and support the implementation of major architectural changes.
- Maintain site servers and hosted web applications and ensure uptime and website responsiveness.
- Support for all related products and triage any issues that arise.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of systems and processes.
- 8+ years of system administration experience including:
- 2+ years of experience operating a large-scale, 24×7 web environment
- 4+ years of experience with Linux or other Unix based operating system
- 2+ years supporting multiple Apache servers
- Working knowledge of core Internet protocols and services (e.g., IP, TCP, UDP, NTP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, syslog) required
- Strong experience with and understanding of virtualization (VMWare, Xen, etc.).
- Experience with Active Directory and related protocols desired (e.g. Kerberos, LDAP, NTP, Samba, etc.).
- Experience with large scale DNS and Mail systems (experience with Postfix required)
- Previous experience with SAN/NAS infrastructure desired
- Experience scripting with bash, Perl, and Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to describe in detail the steps and approach taken to complete your tasks
- Strong working knowledge of RedHat Linux subsystems – SSS/LDAP/Kerberos against AD, NFS, SELinux, IP Tables, MD devices, LUKS, PAM, GRUB, process management and performance tuning
- Must have a demonstrated high-level understanding of RAID systems and server hardware
- Understanding of application and OS security, virus scanning, and patching in an RMF environment
- Must have a demonstrated high level of skill resolving operational issues as a result of high STIG compliance
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced Bash scripting skill
- Must have an active Top Secret with SCI clearance with the last investigation completed within 6 years
- Excellent customer service skills and clear communications both written and oral
- Self-starter capable of working through daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Load Balancing – Configuration & Performance – Certificates, TLS, SSL termination
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, NGINX, Java, MySQL)
CLEARANCE: TS/SCI (required)
SOFtact Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.