Website SOFtact Solutions
C5ISR Enterprise Architecture and Design
Senior Splunk Developer
Position Location: Remote
Description: SOFtact Solutions (STS) is seeking a Senior Splunk Developer to support the full system engineering lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, implementation, integration, test, and documentation. The Spunk Developer shall be proficient in recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Splunk, building dashboards, proficient within a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps. Enhance existing Splunk platforms with new capabilities as resources and priorities permit, including development for component improvements, the addition of new components, or self-developed, and engineering support for evaluation and implementation of new technologies, software integration, system integration/installation, prototyping, and testing/certification, in support of planning and implementation (development, test, and/or deployment to production) of future capabilities. The Splunk developer may be required to interact with stakeholders, senior leadership, and the government, as necessary.
About SOFtact Solutions: STS is a HUBZone Certified, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that carries a passion for problem-solving in support of today’s warfighters and government entities by providing Strategic Advisory and Program Management, C5ISR Enterprise Architecture and Design, Cybersecurity and IT Services, and ServiceNow Solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent experience
Qualifications: 5+ years of demonstrated experience on the Splunk Platform. Splunk Core Certified Power User, or Splunk Certified Developer
- Develops and customizes Splunk apps and dashboards
- Conducts research on existing machine learning and artificial intelligence platforms to identify inherent but unused capabilities.
- Assist in identifying and enhancing systems to meet the needs that not only modernize but increase capability of the command and special operations community.
- Provide knowledge and expertise based on extensive experience working with Splunk and ServiceNow and the services it supports to produce effective solutions to customer business needs
- Familiarity with common infrastructure technologies
- Builds advanced visualizations
- Basic web design
- Coordinate and solve complex technical data
- Develop, maintain, and execute reports to ensure system operation meets performance targets
- Other duties as assigned
- Periodic travel
- Implements integration with external systems
- Must have experience with DoD enterprise systems and networks
- Experience working in an enterprise network environment and supporting network operations
- Must have experience with ITSI integration and content packs
- Proficient in scripting (Python or other)
- Must be proficient within a Linux environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Splunk Core Certified Power User, or Splunk Certified Developer
Clearance: Active Top Secret
SOFtact Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.