Website SOFtact Solutions
Cybersecurity and IT Training
Position Location: Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, NC
Description: SOFtact Solutions (STS) is seeking an intermediate to advanced-level IT Operations Engineer to join our team supporting IT operations for the Special Operations Community. The IT Operations Engineer will maintain various network-monitoring technologies and applications focusing on the Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) premium application. The selected candidate will provide advanced experience in managing Splunk Core and Splunk ITSI. They will work with customers to perform requirements-gathering sessions to develop the scope and design of new and existing content to include dashboards, alerts, reports, and data sources for ingestion. This role will be responsible for translating the requirements into a working model and presenting it to the customer while also taking feedback for improvement. They will work with the customer’s Splunk administrators to deploy their solution to make it available for all users. The candidate must have robust Splunk experience and be able to work collaboratively with diverse end-users and a geographically distributed team. This position requires a minimum of Top Secret clearance, with eligibility to obtain SCI.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, STEM, or related technical field or equivalent experience
Qualifications: 2+ years professional experience using and supporting Splunk Enterprise
About SOFtact Solutions: STS is a HUBZone Certified, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that carries a passion for problem-solving in support of today’s warfighters and government entities by providing Strategic Advisory and Program Management, C5ISR Enterprise Architecture and Design, Cybersecurity and IT Services, and ServiceNow Solutions.
- Working with business teams to perform requirements-gathering sessions to develop the scope and design of new and existing content to include dashboards, alerts, reports, and data sources for ingestion
- Translating customer requirements into monitoring Key Performance Indicators inside the Splunk ITSI platform
- Understanding the business process flow as well as designing and developing an “End-to-End” business transaction visibility to include large-scale processing, integration, and analysis of system logs and database
- Discovering and gathering data to develop meaningful insights into IT Operations
- Developing visualizations, dashboards, and indicators that identify anomalous activities using statistical behavior models and machine learning
- Integrating Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources and industry leading commercial security tools that use various protocols, to facilitate better monitoring of IT Operations inside Splunk ITSI
- Managing Splunk knowledge objects such as Apps, Dashboards, Saved Searches, Scheduled Searches, Alerts, and Glass Tables, along with the customer’s other Splunk Administrators
- Communicating with customer stakeholders to include leadership, support teams, and system administrators
- Some travel 1-2 times per year to attend conferences at various locations
- Splunk IT Service Intelligence experience to include installation and administration, as well as integration with backend systems
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Splunk IT Service Intelligence Certified Admin
- DoD 8570 Certification at the IAT Level II or obtain within six months of employment
- Knowledge and experience with other enterprise network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, vRealize Operations, SCOM, ServiceNow, Gigamon, and NetBrain, to ensure the ability to understand data being ingesting from those sources
- Integrating with ServiceNow
Clearance: Top Secret; with eligibility to obtain SCI (Applicants will be subject to security investigations and will have to meet eligibility requirements for classified information)
SOFtact Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.