Website SOFtact Solutions
Description: SOFtact Solutions (STS) is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team in support of today’s Special Operations Warfighter. The systems engineer will be responsible for the customers ServiceNow Infrastructure. The SE will be directly responsible for the effective and efficient system operation and interconnectivity of a Department of Defense network and will execute the actions required to correct deficiencies or shortcomings and to improve system performance availability and efficiency. The SE will provide senior level knowledge and support to the customer and their components to include Tier 3 infrastructure, design, implementation, troubleshooting, and support that builds, configures, and administers multiple servers in their area of operation. Additionally, the SE will provide remote support and/or travel to customer sites and will orchestrate and oversee technical reviews, product, research, and cost analysis of IT products, services, concepts and ideas as directed. The candidate will recommend to the PM/DPM’s technical solutions that improve system efficiencies and performance, develop technical implementation plans for approved technical solutions to include engineering diagrams, schedules and equipment cost estimates, and will also provide direct engineering oversight of approved implementations during the installation phase to ensure government objectives are met. This position requires a minimum of Top Secret clearance, with eligibility to obtain SCI.
Position Location: Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, NC
About SOFtact Solutions: STS is a HUBZone Certified, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that carries a passion for problem-solving in support of today’s warfighters and government entities by providing Strategic Advisory and Program Management, C5ISR Enterprise Architecture and Design, Cybersecurity, IT Services, and ServiceNow Solutions.
- Collaborate with DevOps team to roll out and automate configuration and release of builds to Production.
- Develop tools and scripts to assist with routine maintenance tasks.
- Manage Linux and related open source systems, including, but not limited to, Apache, Bind, Postfix, Memcache, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL.
- Maintain site servers and hosted web applications and ensure uptime and website responsiveness.
- Support for all related products and triage any issues that arise.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of systems and processes.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical field or equivalent experience.
Qualifications: 3+ years professional experience in Systems Engineering and Administration work.
- Top Secret Clearance based on a SSBI completed within five years AND able to meet the requirements of DCID 6/4
- Security + Certification or higher
- 3+ years of experience in Systems Engineering and Administration work to include ServiceNow, VMWare ESXI/V-Sphere/V-Center, and NetApp
- Working knowledge of core Internet protocols and services (e.g., IP, TCP, UDP, NTP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, syslog) required
- Strong experience with and understanding of virtualization (VMWare, Xen, etc.).
- Experience with Active Directory and related protocols desired (e.g. Kerberos, LDAP, NTP, Samba, etc.).
- Experience with large scale DNS and Mail systems (experience with Postfix required)
- Previous experience with SAN/NAS infrastructure desired
- Working knowledge of RedHat Linux subsystems – SSS/LDAP/Kerberos against AD, NFS, SELinux, IP Tables, MD devices, LUKS, PAM, GRUB, process management and performance tuning
- High-level understanding of RAID systems and server hardware
- Understanding of application and OS security, virus scanning, and patching in an RMF environment
- Skill resolving operational issues as a result of high STIG compliance
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
- Practical experience and knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise Services, including DNS, Active Directory, DHCP, Group Policy as well as storage technologies
- Provide technical expertise in GPO and STIG compliance
- MCSE or equivalent certification
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- VMWare VCA/VCP
Clearance: Top Secret; with eligibility to obtain SCI
SOFtact Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.