Two positions available.
Position Location: Fayetteville, NC; Tampa, FL; Crystal City, VA; and other National Capital Region locations.
Education: BA/BA (or equivalent experience)
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies.
- Proficient in several programming/scripting languages.
- Clear understanding of cloud services, deployment models and distributed systems.
- 5+ years of Software Development experience (Core language: Java) in an Agile eXtreme Programming (XP) environment using Test Driven Development (TDD)/Behavioral Driven Development (BDD).
- Strong experience developing in a paired programming environment.
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability application development required.
- Use object-oriented design (OOD) patterns for separation of concerns, code re-usability, security and performance.
- Experience in developing clean, well architected code.
- Strong ability to refactor code continuously as a regular part of the development process.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments. OSX a plus.
- Comfortable working from the command-line (Bash, ksh)
- Experience with Spring Boot Frameworks.
- Cloud computing (Cloud Foundry, Azure or AWS).
- Continuous Integration and Development such as Jenkins, Concourse CI, Circle CI, GitLab CI a Plus.
- Source Control Management (preferably Git/GitLab).
- Strong Database skills preferable experience using MySQL.
- Data (SQL or similar query language) and data constructs (XML, JSON).
- Experience Developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON). ETL Jobs and APIs (Service-oriented architectures).
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies such as functional, SOA and performance testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.