Position Location: Fort Bragg, NC
- With a wide range of knowledge, evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, performs problem isolation and resolution, monitors, tunes and sets standards.
- Maintains a complex range of computer network components and systems.
- Provides client consulting and training on the interfacing and use of the network facilities.
- Plans and coordinates computer network initiatives.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new computer network equipment and technologies.
- Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, workstation support, company management and departmental clients.
- Works with other network professionals as directed to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes.
Education: BA/BA (or equivalent experience)
Qualifications: 8+ years of Network and/or related IT experience
- CCNA or equivalent certification required
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II required
- Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of network operations
- Good communications skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Can effectively deliver training; possess good consulting skills
- Must be able to evaluate network performance and interact with users to solve complex problem
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessments
- Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
- CCNP or equivalent certification preferred
- Military experience preferred
- May be required to provide clear and effective direction to less experienced staff
- May review the work of others and be able to detect errors or needed modifications