Position Location: Fort Bragg, NC
Description: SOFtact Solutions (STS) is seeking a Senior Architect to support our Splunk platform at Ft. Bragg, NC. The Senior Architect will lead the team in the design and optimization of this large-scale, distributed Splunk deployment. Along with the technical leadership and troubleshooting skills, the Architect will need to establish best practices and development.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical field
Qualifications: 7+ years of experience Supporting IT systems or applications
- Environment Management: Manage Splunk infrastructure with the following responsibilities:
- Develop complex queries, alerts, reports, and dashboards using Splunks proprietary SPL language. Perform Splunk technical assessments (environmental health checks) and advise on best practices for optimized application and platform performance
- Tune the Splunk infrastructure and lead capacity planning and continuity of operations tasks
- Troubleshoot technical issues to determine root cause and resolve or implement workaround as necessary
- On occasion, perform Splunk upgrades or migrations
- Troubleshooting of non-performant Splunk premium applications and plugins
- Cluster design experience
- Forwarder design, deployment, and operations
- Troubleshooting and clarifying behaviors, installations, licensing, and crash problems
- Maintain/Develop IT Automation: Use scripting/programming skills to enable systemlevel automation, problem detection, security maintenance and patch management. Drive systems level automation for provisioning and configuring ansible playbooks, git repositories, python scripts, and more.
- Data Standardization: Ensure that data ingest on all enclaves is normalized, indexed, and assigned to the correct source type.
- DoD 8570 Certification in the IAT Level III or obtain within six months
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect
- 7+ years of experience supporting IT systems or applications
- 3+ years of experience supporting a distributed Splunk infrastructure (clustered and standalone) including search heads, indexers, deployment servers, universal, intermediate and heavy forwarders
- 2+ years of experience supporting IT Automation tools: Ansible Automation, and Satellite
- Certification in Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) and/or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) and/or applicable certifications
- Splunk Core Certified Consultant
- 2+ years of experience supporting cloud computing environments: AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience with stream processing software
- Experience with Splunk premium applications – ES, ITSI, UBA, and Phantom
SOFTACT Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.