Position: ServiceNow Senior ITOM Consultant
Position Location: Fayetteville, NC (FBNC is about 45 minutes from Raleigh, NC)
Clearance Required: Top Secret with SCI eligibility
SOFTACT Solutions is seeking a ServiceNow ITOM Technical Consultant for an opportunity in Fayetteville, NC. (Note: This is a W2 position. U.S. Citizenship or appropriate work authorization required.) ServiceNow technical consultants are responsible for leveraging IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Business Management (ITBM), IT Operations Management (ITOM) and other ServiceNow applications to optimize, transform, and ensure commercial enterprises, government agencies, and Department of Defense commands are efficient and effective using the ServiceNow platform. Our technical team serves in multiple roles and capacities within our typical ServiceNow implementation engagement, including, but not limited to, implementation specialist, business analyst, process consultant, project task leader, and testing facilitator. As such, we are looking for “team players” that are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that the customer’s needs and requirements are fully understood, clearly documented, and the resulting solutions maximize the value of our customers ServiceNow investment.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Facilitate discovery and requirements gathering workshops with a variety of executive, leadership, process, technical, and end user stakeholders.
- Configure ServiceNow ITOM processes (Mid servers, Discovery, Service Mapping, Event Management, Cloud Management and Orchestration components).
- Architect and configure Cloud Management (Amazon Web Services - AWS, Microsoft Azure, VMware) Service Provider IT Operation Management solutions in ServiceNow platform.
- Provide recommendations for IT Operations Management and IT Asset Management high-availability best practices.
- Serve as subject matter expert for discovery and service mapping of computer network hardware and software such as servers, network appliances, power units, Docker, Kubernetes, data centers, and monitoring tools.
- Interface with subject matter experts to perform operational configurations of system monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Splunk, and Microsoft SCCM in ServiceNow.
- Integrate operational systems to aggregate data to facilitate automation, visibility, transformation and optimize service operations.
- Perform knowledge transfers of Service Asset and Configuration Management best practices applicable to Configuration Item Discovery and relationships building.
- Build Orchestration and Process Automation activities and process workflows to eliminate manual tasks, mitigate and re-mediate service issues and outages.
- Creating views and maps of business system components that gives holistic-aware infrastructure information.
- Provide strong analytical skills for reviewing discovered data and configuration item management.
- Support SOFTACT Solutions operational and sales initiatives by assisting with market/technical analysis, sales lead generation, RFP responses, and other efforts as requested.
- Understanding of and experience with IT Operation Management (ITOM) business processes
- 5+ years of ServiceNow, Remedy or CA IT operation technical analysis experience
- Strong analytic, technical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business analyst/process consultant skills
- Understanding of, and ability to adapt to, both waterfall and Agile project methodologies
Education / Certification Requirements:
- ITIL Foundation certification
- ServiceNow ITOM experience, including Discovery, Event, and Orchestration
- ServiceNow Software Asset Management (SAM) experience
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) certification
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS) – Discovery certification
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS) – Event certification
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS) – Service Mapping certification
- Project management experience