Website SOFtact Solutions
Cybersecurity and IT Training
Computer Hardware Engineer
Description: SOFtact Solutions (STS) is seeking a Computer Hardware Engineer to join our team. Technical skills will include big picture thinking to make an impact in the U.S. Central Command. Understands customer’s environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications to become an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution. As an engineer on our team, you will be responsible for maintaining mission essential systems while providing direct support to end users in an operational environment to administer, develop, test, and demonstrate remote Cloud based applications via Helm Charts. Technical expertise is vital to evaluate and modernize client cloud systems and applications. This position requires a TS/SCI clearance.
Position Location: MacDill AFB, Tampa, FL (on-site)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- Provide direct support to end users in an operational environment to administer, develop, test, and demonstrate remote Cloud based applications via Helm Charts
- Daily interaction and collaboration with today’s warfighter
- Must be able to collaborate, communicate and reach across functional borders
- Collect customer requirements and train users
- Willingness to work occasional long hour days and weekends when necessary
- Learn new technologies to share and build knowledge with the teams
- Ability to work independently
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of experience with AWS Cloud server techniques including templates, kick starting, and configuration management systems
- 2+ years of experience with System Administration with Windows, IIS, and Linux maintenance of remote servers
- 2+ years of experience with SQL Server database management, including Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- 2+ years of experience working with security concepts, including firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening
- Ability to obtain a Security+ certification within 30 days of start date
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
About SOFtact Solutions: STS is a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that carries a passion for problem-solving in support of today’s warfighters and government entities by providing Strategic Advisory and Program Management, C5ISR Enterprise Architecture and Design, Cybersecurity, IT Services, and ServiceNow Solutions.
STS is a forward thinking, responsive, and dedicated company bringing years of service and experience across the entire spectrum of mission support. STS supports the Department of Defense and OGA’s by integrating high-end engineering services to deliver nonproprietary, cost-effective, and integrated applications and software systems.
SOFtact Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.