Mid-Senior Technical Writer
Description: SOFtact Solutions (STS) is seeking a Mid-Senior Technical Writer to support the creation and publication of technical documentation and manuals. Perform a variety of writing, editing, and research to support the development delivery of a software program. Leverage existing expertise and develop new capabilities due to the rapidly evolving Army market. Create training manuals and user guides for all audiences, including end-users, and fulfillment staff. Edit, validate, and incorporate newly developed training and technical manual material and edits to update the latest operating procedures. Collaborate with team to write test plans and test reports for software development program. Support the management and placement of documentation on a military Web site.
Position Location: Remote
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to convey complex topics to a broad variety of audiences in easy-to-understand language
- Ability to document test plans, cases and reports
- Experience working alongside analysts, developers, and subject matter experts
- Experience working as a technical writer or editor in a technology or IT field
- Experience writing Authority to Operate (ATO) Security Accreditation
- Knowledge of Army training and technical writing standards
- Knowledge of software applications
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, MS Teams and MS SharePoint
- 5+ years of experience with military technical writing
- Experience with creating technical manuals, procedures (SOPs), and user guides
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
About SOFtact Solutions: STS is a HUBZone Certified, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that carries a passion for problem-solving in support of today’s warfighters and government entities by providing Strategic Advisory and Program Management, C5ISR Enterprise Architecture and Design, Cybersecurity, IT Services, and ServiceNow Solutions.
STS is a forward thinking, responsive, and dedicated company bringing years of service and experience across the entire spectrum of mission support. STS supports the Department of Defense and OGA’s by integrating high-end engineering services to deliver nonproprietary, cost-effective, and integrated applications and software systems.
SOFtact Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
* Residence in or ability to move to a qualified HUBZone is desired –